Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sign Up


I am not what you would call very tech savvy. I barely can figure my way around my digital camera and convinced that my GPS  is conspiring to drive me off a cliff. So, when I heard about downloading fonts someone might as well have been speaking a another language to me.

But, after learning about sites like Dafont and Urban Fonts people can think I am the next Bill Gates! I might be a little late to the party on this but these sites offer creative downloads of different fonts. The best part is the majority of them are free. I don’t think I have been this excited about making random signs for no apparent reason since my first Apple II GS. That banner function was amazing right?!? 

 
Design*Sponge has been featuring fonts all this week and I am a changed woman. They are easy to download and super fun to play around with. Check out some examples below: 

Image above, top to bottom: “Bead Chain,” free for personal use; “Sailor Larry Font” by Tioem, free for personal use; “Craig” by Jasper, free for personal use; “P22 Bifur Font” by Richard Kegler, $19.95; “Twigglee” by Robert Schenk, $14.95; “Coney Island,” free for personal use; “Marquee,” free for personal use; “Romantiques” by Dieter Steffman, free for personal use; “Beamie,” free for personal use; “Mexcellent,” free for personal use

 Read more about fonts and some of the amazing font designers that come up with these works of art at Design*Sponge

And I will get back to thinking up what I can use these fonts for...

No comments:

Post a Comment