Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sewing Paper

Not too long ago I was looking at Christmas decorating article by Maratha Stewart and delusional thoughts set in about how crafty I could be too.  I went on to extend my fake crafty skills by signing up for Brooklyn Brides' 4th annual card swap. Panic set instantly as soon as I got my list of people to send my cards.  I struggled to think of how to make cards for my fellow swappers. It was when I was fixing hem in my pants when I decided that I would attempt to sew my cards. Pretty silly sounding I know, but I promise it works and makes your cards look really good.
Cards that are much better than how mine turned out by Instructables

You just need some fabric, thread, paper and get after it! You don't even need a machine. You can use thicker embroidery floss if you don't have a machine. I used my machine and used one of the fun stitching patterns. They are very simple but look pretty good if you ask me. Other people get really creative and use all sorts of different fabrics. Think about adding a speical touch to envelopes for party invites or even stitching wedding invitations.


Birthday card option

Adding some personal touches like stitching it is bound to make your card recipient feel special when they receive a fun handmade card. And you can even feel a little bit crafty!

1 comment:

  1. As a card person, I've always loved stitching/sewing on paper. Something about the combination just makes me happy. And I received one of your cards in the swap this year-nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete